Current Job Openings
CHRISTMAS CHEER VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
Columbus, Ohio Area Services
Classification: Seasonal; Mid-October to Mid-January
October 22-November 2, 2018 (15 hours/week); November 5-16, 2018 (20-25 hours/week);
November 19-21, 2018 (15 hours); November 26-December 21, 2018 (40 hours/week); and
January 2 – 16, 2018 (15 hours/week)
Job Focus: To recruit, schedule and coordinate volunteers to support The Salvation Army’s ministry to families through its Christmas Cheer Toy & Food Distribution program.
Benefit: Bringing joy to more than 20,000 Central Ohioans at Christmastime.
- An understanding of and passion for The Salvation Army’s Mission
- Previous volunteer and event coordination experience preferred
- Friendly and kind demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, contagious “can-do” attitude
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to HR Coordinator, Lori Banfield, by fax to 614.221.1896 or by email to email@example.com or by mail to 966 E Main Street, Columbus, OH 43205.
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt Position with Benefits
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:30a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; available for emergencies on nights and weekends
Overview: Seeking an individual to provide direct assistance with the day-to-day upkeep of Greater Columbus Area Services properties. This includes, but is not limited to, performing building, equipment, and vehicle maintenance, grounds keeping, cleaning, event set-up and clean up, and transporting of donations. Must be available for emergencies on nights and weekends. This position will work from 966 E. Main Street.
- An understanding of and passion for The Salvation Army's mission
- Must possess a strong work ethic and flexible attitude
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Must be at least 21 years of age with an Ohio Driver’s License and be able to obtain and maintain driving privileges per Salvation Army insurance standards
- Must be able to drive a box truck and pass The Salvation Army’s on-line fleet safety driver’s test
- Must have experience and competence in property upkeep, grounds keeping, painting, and custodial work (including maintenance of waxed floors)
- Must be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Must be able to lift at least 75 pounds
- Must be able to represent The Salvation Army in a professional manner
If you are interested in this position, please send resume, cover letter, 3 references and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Lori Banfield, 966 E. Main Street, Columbus, OH 43205. No telephone calls please.
Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.